Seven ways BING is engineering picture search to be better than Google. An excellent article from Bing’s own blog:
- Understanding what is being searched for: person, place, or thing?
- How do other users feel about it? using big data
- Perceiving pictures like a human brain does
- Thematic intent focus brings up pictures to be used for the same purpose
- Not including duplicates or near-duplicates, to improve breadth of image selection
- Clustering images in a way that makes them easier to view at a glance
- Better quality images first.
- Google Struggles for Relevance on Mobile Search, Bing Is Already There (everything-pr.com)
- Don’t laugh! Microsoft has Google beat on maps, but you would never know it (digitaltrends.com)